BANSIC is no longer offering Tax Help for the 2020 year.
❗️13 August 2020 UPDATE: Due to Stage 4 restrictions, BANSIC has cancelled Tax Help for this year.
Here are your options for now:
- Contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for alternate Tax Help options.
If you’d like to receive Tax Help this year, follow these steps:
1. Are you eligible?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
2. Ensure you have a MyGov Account
Our volunteers will only be able to help you with lodging your tax return if you have a MyGov Account that is linked to the ATO.
To create a MyGov Account, visit this link and click ‘Create an Account‘.
3. Book an appointment in advance
If you’d like to receive Tax Help at BANSIC, you will need to book an appointment in advance.
To do this, you can:
Call us on 03 9459 5959
For more information about the Tax Help Program you can visit the ATO website.