Q: Are you part of the Banyule Council?

A: BANSIC is an independent incorporated body with our own Committee of Management and management structures. We do currently receive support from Banyule City Council.


Q: Are all of your staff Volunteers?

A: No, we have one paid manager and one paid coordinator, all other staff members are volunteers.


Q: Am I eligible for Emergency Relief?

A: To be eligible for Emergency Relief (ER), you need to have a current Health Care Card showing an address in one of the following postcodes : 3084, 3085, 3081, or 3079. You will be asked to attend an interview where we will assess your eligibility for assistance.


Q: Do I need to make an appointment to receive ER?

A: Not if you require Emergency Relief (ER)


Q: Do I need to live in Banyule to use your services?

A: No, except for ER. We have people visiting from anywhere – local, country, interstate and international.


Q: Does the council provide all your information?

A: We collect our information from non-profit organizations and agencies as well as government departments.