The Victorian Government is providing a one-off $250 payment to eligible households. This Power Saving Bonus payment is to help with energy bills.
We are hosting a community event at shop 48, on July 23rd to help community members access this bonus.
What? We’re helping eligible locals apply for the $250 power saving bonus payment.
When? 23rd July 2021, 10am – 4pm (drop in any time)
Where? Shop 48, The Bell St Mall (Cnr Bell st & Oriel rd, Heidelberg West)
5 workers from the Consumer Policy and Research Centre (CPRC) will be available to assist eligible community members to access the $250 Power Saving Bonus (PSB) payments. These workers speak a number of languages (English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese and Somali) and will bring all the equipment needed to process payment requests.
What clients/community members will need to bring on the day:
- A copy of their electricity bill, either on paper or electronically (this can not be a reminder notice).
- Their Concession Card or Health Care Card
- Their nominated bank details (BSB and account number), so the government can pay via electronic funds transfer.
Who is eligible:
Victorian households are eligible for the Power Saving Bonus if they have an electricity account and at least one member is receiving one of the following benefits:
- Pensioner Concession Card holders (including age pension, disability support pension, carer payment and single parenting payment); and
- Some Health Care Card holders (limited to JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy recipients)